& Travel Directions
Premises Location – Oxford OX3 UK:
My premises are near London Road/Gipsy Lane at the Oxford city end of Headington, close to a main local bus route – easily accessible by car, bus, bicycle, and foot. Additionally, my premises are 2 minutes’ walk from the (Oxford Brookes University stop) on the Oxford-London coach route (M40, A40).
CAR – BICYCLE – BUS – TRAIN… as follows:
Car and Parking: on-street 2-hr parking nearby (visitor parking bays: these include short bays at entrance of Cardwell Crescent, at T-junction with Grays Road – note: visitor bays end before you reach my premises; for further 2hr visitors parking > continue on and turn first right into Stonor Place > ahead is more visitors parking along the recreation ground; in the rare event of finding yourself unable to find a parking space, please pause outside no 1 and let me know!)
Bicycle: you may bring your bike into the front garden, and leave it locked there.
Main Bus Route from Oxford City Centre: buses (number 8) leave from behind the Westgate Shopping Centre in Oxford’s city centre, and from Oxford’s High Street… taking you to the Gipsy Lane / Oxford Brookes University stop; then a *2 minute walk: on leaving bus, cross main road > continue towards traffic lights at Gipsy Lane > cross the mouth of Gipsy Lane > immediately enter Grays Road (small side road) > cross over, and walk towards right > past red letter box > cross over mouth of Harcourt Terrace > continue on until you come to the next road on left, which is Cardwell Crescent > turn left here, passing house on corner > a few metres along you will come to 1 Cardwell Crescent (a large white number 1 marked clearly on gate and gate post)
London – Oxford Coaches:
- ‘Oxford Tube’: Victoria > Marble Arch > Notting Hill Gate > Shepherds Bush > Hillingdon > Oxford (stopping at ‘Gipsy Lane’/Oxford Brookes University); then a 2 minute walk (*see directions above, under ‘Main Bus Route from Oxford City Centre’ – ignoring the first instruction to ‘cross main road’, as you’ll already be on the required side)
- ‘Oxford Express’: Victoria > Marble Arch > Baker Street > Hillingdon > Oxford (stopping at ‘Gipsy Lane/Oxford Brookes University’, then a 2 minute walk (*see directions above, under ‘Main Bus Route from Oxford City Centre’ – ignoring the first instruction to ‘cross main road’, as you’ll already be on the required side)
Train: on arriving at Oxford Rail Station, your OPTIONS to get from there to my premises:
1) TAXI - many available immediately outside Oxford Rail Station’s main exit
2) Arriva bus (280), immediately outside rail station main exit, picks up approx. every 20 minutes > 15 minute journey to Gipsy Lane stop > 3 minute walk to my premises (*see directions above, under ‘Main Bus Route from Oxford City Centre’)
3) U1 (dark blue Oxford Brookes University bus – frequent service) picks up from buses ‘island’ across main road / opposite Oxford Rail Station > 15 minute journey to Gipsy Lane stop > 3 minute brief walk to my premises (*see directions above, under ‘Main Bus Route from Oxford City Centre’)
4) walk>BUS>walk: 10 minute walk into Oxford city centre to catch bus to Gipsy Lane stop in Headington: WALKING… leave rail station’s main exit, cross to far pavement > turn towards right, and continue to traffic lights > pedestrian crossings > far side of wide main road > turn towards left, and continue walking for a few minutes > your road will become New Road > at top of New Road, the pavement veers right > bus stops you need are there (buses here pick up approx. every 10 minutes in daytime, slightly less frequently in evenings): look out for… bus number 8 (Barton or Risinghurst) or number U1 (Oxford Brookes bus); allow 20 minute journey to Gipsy Lane bus stop, then a 2 minute walk (*see directions above, under ‘Main Bus Route from Oxford City Centre’)
(Those who attend therapy with me come from the whole Oxfordshire area – including Headington, Wheatley, Cowley, Summertown / North Oxford, Wolvercote, Osney Mead, Botley, Hinksey, Eynsham, Kidlington, Kennington, Abingdon, Grove, Cumnor, Stadhampton, Wantage, Thame, Charlbury, Carterton, Banbury, Bicester, Woodstock, Witney… Those who choose to come to therapy with me from outside Oxfordshire travel in from as far afield as Reading / Berkshire, Aylesbury / Buckinghamshire, Stroud / Gloucestershire, Swindon / Wiltshire, and sometimes London, too.)