What is Therapy?
Dancing Yew Tree
Yew Trees Mandala
Therapy is a weave of counselling and psychotherapy, fine-tuned to your self and your needs.
If your reason for requesting therapy is straightforward and not deep-rooted, your issue may be fairly straightforward to resolve or ease. This is counselling – which may be all you require or want right now. Counselling is designed to enable each person to gain effective strategies and/or make healthy adjustments in the way both self and situation are viewed.
*Please check with Jaimie if unsure whether what you are looking for is counselling or psychotherapy – as there is a blurred dividing line between the two, with what may begin at counselling level sometimes deepening into psychotherapy!
Naturally, the more complex and/or deep-rooted your difficulties or struggle, or the more deeply you wish to work, the longer your process is likely to take. Exploring the roots of any blocks, barriers, or distortions is often tough work – though rewardingly healingful.
Psychotherapy focuses strongly on the vital work of establishing and/or developing a healthy and truly conscious relationship with your own deep being – using what I call ‘whole-being awareness’.
Extending Beyond Conventional Psychotherapy
(Please note: extending beyond conventional psychotherapy requires deep psychological stability.)
This is profoundly transformative healingful work with deep-being at its core. This process naturally gradually leads into altering states of heart-centred consciousness, felt-sensing and intuiting, and awareness of subtle energies – terms I use, and which are explained as they arise. As this process continues, it moves towards a gradual awareness of a subtle multi-layered reality …and a profound sense of (what I call) ‘immense presence’. True knowing comes from within. (Please note: this way of working will fluctuate from session to session – sometimes requiring the more ordinary process of psychotherapy, or perhaps even counselling! I work with what IS.) Meanwhile, any transpersonal earthly-spiritual exploration, as such a finely-tuned receptive process, requires feet-on-the-ground curiosity, heart-filled playfulness, and healthy warmly awakening meditative way of being.
Why Choose Therapy?
You may be looking for counselling or psychotherapy because…
Angel of Inner Stillness (Sold)
- You have reached your limit – and need to make sense of things, deal with feelings and anxieties, and find strategies to ease your situation.
- Though okay on the surface, you are not feeling okay underneath – and don’t know why.
- You are feeling… stuck, confused, trapped, lost, disconnected, irritable, anxious or stressed, angry, guilty, sad, ashamed, scared, depressed, insecure, shaky, demoralised, or struggling with a sense of unreality – maybe as if you don’t belong…
- Life feels meaningless or grey; something feels wrong, missing, or needs to be faced
- You have little sense of who you truly are…or why you are here…
- You have a difficult or life-altering decision to make
- You wish for a healthy relationship with yourself – so you can feel at ease… or ‘at home’
- You wish to develop self-awareness and mindfulness… and enjoy true quality of life
- You are consciously choosing to deepen and nourish yourself on your spiritual path or soul’s journey, in a genuine down-to-earth way
- You’re struggling with anxiety about the state of our planet – and about what the future may hold
General Benefits of Therapy
The therapeutic process may significantly improve your quality of life
The therapy I offer is likely to help you to…
- Become increasingly at peace / at ease (or ‘at home’) within yourself, as you develop your inner strength and stability – beneficial for your general state of health, your work and your social life
- Awaken and/or deepen your subtle sense of being and awareness in this moment (mindfulness) regarding self and others, together with your experience in the world, offering you greater conscious choice and self-empowerment
- Develop/deepen your sense of being and ‘meaning’ / personal way / direction in life
- Explore and be your real self (or soul) – beyond social masks, creating a rewarding inner / psychospiritual journey
Can include relationship, emotional, work or quality of life worries or stress
- Relationship – with your own self, your partner, your children, family, friends, and others: communication breakdown, betrayal of trust, unreliability, infidelity / secrecy, disconnection, discontent, inequality, manipulative / controlling behaviour, falling out of love, over-whelm / confusion, separation and divorce, sexual intimacy and sexuality issues, lack of fulfilment, all kinds of violence / abuse, absence, illness, bereavement
- Emotional, Psychological and Spiritual well-being: sudden, long-term and terminal ill-health, psychiatric or mental breakdown, spiritual issues / your spiritual journey, emotional discomfort and difficulty – eg: sadness, depression, grief, stress, anxiety, panic, anger, rage, shame, boredom / sense of soulful or spiritual meaninglessness, feeling stuck, emotional numbness, lack of confidence / low self-esteem
- Work, studies or home life: stress perhaps due to meaninglessness or dissatisfaction, bullying or intimidation, need for change of direction, creative block, unemployment, work overdrive
- uality of life / spiritual journey: when you find the right therapist for you, your investment in therapy will reward you with changes within you that in turn will improve your emotional, psychological, soulful / spiritual quality of life and well-being. Such changes can be truly transforming.
Therapy may be viewed as investing in genuine quality of life
Jaimie Cahlil invites you to consciously engage in life's journey in a soulful down-to-earth yet profoundly transformative way - with the warmth, strength, and non-judgmental mindfulness that his kind of therapy offers.
You may be in crisis, feeling lost, fragmented, confused or stuck, angry, anxious, scared or sad.
Perhaps much of the meaning or spark has gone from your life, leaving you feeling flat or grey, or you may be searching for some way to deepen your awareness and come home to yourself.
If so, you are at an open door.
Please feel welcome to enter.